19 October 2006

The Soothing Sounds of "Sex"

Back in the early '90s, when new wave was big in the underground scene, either by those who still loved it from the first time 'round, or by people like me who had older siblings who bought Smiths records, I fell in love with the band Berlin. Listening to my favorite radio show Sunday evenings, I fantasized about Euro-trash new wave bands who wrote edgy songs like Sex (I'm A...) (4.6 Mb, 5:08 min) with that special non-native speaker twist. How disappointed I was to find out Berlin was really from California.

2 Comments:

Blogger will said...

What about the Lovage Version?

5:27 AM  
Blogger sighofrelief said...

yeah, i thought about posting that...my friend likes that version better, but i just can't get there with all the cheesy orgasm noises

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home